Friday, September 20, 2019

Module 7 - Applying learning theories to instructional design; Promoting ethical technology use in education


Unit 13- Applying Learning Theories to Instructional Design 
&
Unit 14- Promoting Ethical Technology Use in Education 

I will be utilizing constructivist learning theory for my final assignment. Constructivist learning theory simply put is not actually a theory however it is a epistemology of learning (Shunk, 2012).  Constructivism postulates that learners acquire knowledge from within and educators need to develop lessons that challenge learners already constructed knowledge. 

This has been a very timely course for me as I have started a new career journey where I am an adjunct.  I am teaching a course in Foundations of Inquiry which challenges students to critically examine information, have an understanding of basic research methods, and apply different disciplines in inquiring around them. I have challenged myself to apply the principles, concepts and knowledge from this course into my new role. I am especially appreciative on the modules that emphasized morality, ethics, and diversity into the classroom. In my opinion anyone in an educator role should have to take a similar course to this one as I feel it opens the eyes into the multitude of issues that students are challenged with. 


Image result for classroom technology



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel, I also chose Constructivist learning theory to explore in this module. Glad to see we share something in common again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always do Jenny!!! Good luck on your final presentation.

    ReplyDelete